Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Sea Fishing @ Strawberry 9/28
We braved the winds and swells, and fished Strawberry last Sat 9/28. There weren't many of us brave/stupid people out on the water that day, lol. We made it over to East Portal in my Dads little Bayliner, and began drifting from the parking area across East Portal Bay to the other side. We slayed the slot cuts each pass. I was throwing intermediate fly line with a white bugger and large bh hares ear, and my Dad and Bro were throwing white tube jigs. Everything was producing hits, nearly every cast. The ferociousness of the cutts up there amaze me every time! It never gets old! They hit sometimes 5 times in a cast before you can hook them up, lol. We each landed close to 40 fish a piece, and missed that many more. No slot-busters this year, but still great times...it sure did feel like we were ocean fishing with those waves though! Smile
[signature]
Yep, the cutts certainly become aggressive, this time of year, up there. It is not uncommon to reel one in and have one or more cutt following the fish one is reeling in.
[signature]
Nice work Rich!
[signature]