Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Contest Final Push to the Finish
I'm sure those in contest are watching closely as the calendar approaches the witching hour of midnight on October 15th, when the contest officially closes for 2019. We have a barn burner this year with three very close possibilities to win it all this year... The is 1" difference between 1st and 3rd place, so one fish could make the difference between a win and one of the other two places... We have lots of fish over 30" this year with 32.5" being the biggest so far... Tune in to see what our champions do to pull out the win... Been a fun year, and who knows maybe someone from back in the pack will end up pulling out three monsters and win it all... Later J
[signature]
who knows maybe someone from back in the pack will end up pulling out three monsters and win it all...

That would be me you are talking about [cool]. Actually I know a lot of us down here in the south are still hitting it hard. I'm trying to jam in a full summer of fishing in the last coupla weeks now that I have a boat. I'm trying to catch up to BLK, Pisco, ice-sled, Richard and Violet, Mooseman and the others who fish down here, too. Any way it goes, it's been fun.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I just hope I get a chance to get out one more time, who knows a half inch bigger could put me back in the top ten.. An inch even better... Likelihood of that happening about 2%..... Sure would be fun though... Later Jeff
[signature]
For those interested in the standings that don't follow the contest board, here is a copy of the current leader board... Later Jeff

[inline catcon10119.PNG]
[signature]
Well Jeff, we stayed tied up between 8th and 11 place almost the whole contest.
Gonna hit the river at least once this weekend. Weather is forecast to be sunny, and dry. Thought about hitting Willard once more, but the wind we have had early in the day this week has made me reconsider. On Willard, the wind and cooler weather just makes it not so fun. But on or at the river the wind helps to keep the dang biting flies and skeeters down.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Good luck Forest I think cold temps have taken care of the bugs. Probably slowed the fish too. Hope you can find a few. J
[signature]
Bugs are bad right now out on the refuge. They are biting a lot better than the cats right now[Wink] and are biting during the day. Take the bug spray!

The river temp has cooled way off and the refuge is finally receiving its water since the farmers are pretty much done for the year. River is high and flowing nicely. A few cats are still biting, especially the young cats of the year. They peck at your baits like crazy. I have tried for just a couple of hours the last 2 days. Got a 29" yesterday and another 29" today, but nothing to bump. When you hold the fish, they are cold to the touch and the water is too. Here's a picture of today's fish.

Good luck Jeff and Forest!
[signature]
Nice job Forest, won’t those 29’s bump your score? I thought you were tied with me and they would help my score. Nice job. Later J
[signature]
Oh sorry Paul I crossed two posts over I thought I was reading Forests post not yours. Sorry I know you don’t need those measly 29”ers but they would sure help me out. Hey rumor has it that Rocky Mountain Power is going to drain Cutler soon so you’ll be seeing a lot more water coming your direction. Don’t remember if it’s before or after the contest ends, but it will be down into November.
Seems like these drain cycles always hurts the catfishing in my holes. I think they head upstream into Idaho. Later J
[signature]