Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with Leeches
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Ok, here's a question for you all. Can you use leeches for fishing anywhere here and where can you get them?[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]You can use leeches here, but they need to be in over 50 degrees of water to be effective. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
maybe you could find them at a pet store.
[signature]
mail order
try this site

[url "http://www.vadosbait.com/index.html"]http://www.vadosbait.com/index.html[/url]
[signature]
Of course you can't use them anywhere that is designated artificial only. Other than that they are considered the same as nightcrawlers in all of the states I've fished (Utah, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington).
[signature]
I BELIEVE THEY ARE AVAILABLE AT SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE. 7200 SOUTH AND 200 WEST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF 72ND, THERE IS A LIGHT THERE YOU CANT MISS IT. ITS AN EASY RIGHT TURN OFF THE DIRECTION YOU COME FORM GETTING OFF THE FREEWAY, YOU WOULD BE EASTBOUND. OTHER THAN THAT THE ONLY OTHER PLACE I SAW LEECHES FOR SALE WAS AT ANGLERS INN, SINCE CLOSED DOWN. I THINK CABELAS OFFERS OVERNIGHT GAURANTEES LIVE ARRIVAL OF BAITS. MAYBE HOOKED HAS THEM TOO...HOW BOUT IT JAMES YOU CARRY THEM SLIMY SUCKERS? TIP WHEN RIGGING A LEECH TO KEEP IT FROM CURLING UP SLIP A PEICE OF RUBBER TUBE OR BAND ONTO THE SHANK OF HOOK FIRST THAT GIVES THE THING SOMETHIN TO SUCTION TO AND KEEP FROM GRABBIN HIS OWN BACKSIDE AND FORMING A LEECH BALL ON YOUR HOOK HE WILL STAY NICE AND STRAIGHT TO ENTICE FISH OF MANY SPECIES.

LATERS,
[signature]
Do they really attach to the plastic? If so, that is the best tip I've ever heard for fishing with leeches. Thanks BADFISH! I'll have to give that a try for the eye's.
[signature]
A few years ago I used them on the bear river up in wyoming. All I had to do was convince my little brothers to go wading in the water without waders for a little bit! They kill the trout up there. I'd love to fish with them again.
[signature]
there is a place in heber that sells them. it is right on the right hand side, right when you get into heber, across from kings.(coming from salt lake). The best way i have ever heared was from poncho who said just put the hook right through the sucker.
[signature]