Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 10/2/19 reeled in a fish every cast
I took my grandson, his fiancee, and my two great grand kids fishing, for a couple hours, at the end of the day. There was a cold wind blowing and the water was really stained. I guess the storms earlier in the week had washed lots of mud into the reservoir. I didn't expect much success but the youngsters reeled in a fish every cast, on a Disney Frozen outfit! It was a species I had never caught before and perhaps one of you can identify it for me.

Here they are reeling in the fish.

[inline GGkids.jpg]

Here is a closeup of the mystery fish.

[inline "Mystery fish.jpg"]
[signature]
Dang it....I got to add a new species to my grand slam fishing challenge. Do I need to use my big cat rod or my fly rod ...ya got to give us more details on how to hook into one of em.
[signature]
Hey that sounds like a great way for the kids to get started... Glad you didn't over limit on those monsters... any action from the other species up there? I've been seeing fair interest from crappie and smallies lately on other ponds so wondering in gills and largies are wanting to play as well? Glad you got the family out for a little boat time with grand pa and g-grandpa... That's pretty cool... Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]

any action from the other species up there?

[/quote]

No, but I think we almost got a bite once, but I'm not sure.
[signature]
Brought that fish to the boat many times. 1 time I tricked my little girl and tied on a large realistic swimbait, with the hooks removed, while she wasnt paying attention. Had her fooled until she touched it. Still Smile when I think back on it. Thanks for reminding me.
[signature]
Looks like the elusive "Lavendaria Blueiei Kentius" No local name yet listed so you can have the honor there.

What did you use for bait ?

What really counts is if they had a great time out fishing you. I am positive you let them win.
[signature]
[quote Fishhound]

What did you use for bait ?

[/quote]

An interesting fish one can catch them on water for bait and they will even bite air. An extremely easy fish to catch, which works great for little kiddos.
[signature]
They look like TD's LHBE minnows - Left Handed Blue Everywhere.
[signature]
[size 6][#0000FF]HEY![/#0000FF][/size]
[signature]