Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garlic Corn on the Berry?
I'm heading fishin' pretty soon and haven't been to Strawberry for a couple years. im a big catch and release kind of guy.

Anyway, I'm curious as to the acceptability of corn as a bait for fish in Strawberry.

I'm also curious as to how many will admit to its use?

I've heard that mixing some corn with minced garlic and letting it marinate at room temperature for a couple days makes a great bait.

I've yet to try it myself, but remember using corn as a kid with bluegill..

Anyway, it used to be illegal because they thought it killed fish. It took a couple decades, but they finally realized that it wasn't harmful.

It's now legal to use in Utah and pretty much everywhere else... I figure if it works, I'll give it a shot.. save the lives of a few worms...

Is it too late for kokenies now?

What's working the best lately?

Downriggers, trolling, jigging, or just mental telepathy... [crazy]

What times of day are working?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

My post fishing report will be forthcoming sometime Saturday night...
[signature]
you catch a lot of cuts when fishing for Kokanee using dodgers, squids are spinners. and corn on the hooks. sometimes garlic works sometimes it does not.

{Is it too late for kokenies now?} yes if you catch one you need to put it back.

[What's working the best lately?] white tubes with a worm on works trolling are jigging. if you are trolling a lot of stuff works, yesterday a yellow flat fish was best
I would take worms it works better than corn but corn works good with squids.

[Downriggers, trolling, jigging, or just mental telepathy.]
this is what ever you like to do. me I think I catch more trolling than people that jig.
I use downriggers and a lead line pole, some times the lead line out fishes the down riggers.

The hard part is finding the fish you can troll till you find them,

[What times of day are working?]
if you want to fish at night using glow stuff you can catch a lot of cuts
me I start in the dark and if I'm tired of catching fish by 11am, I go home
you cant go wrong starting early, you never know when the cuts start to bit are stop.
[signature]
Well, if you're curious, Garlic Corn worked pretty well. The cutts liked it. I was able to use it to tip a Pearl 3" tube jig while trolling on the surface and caught a couple fish that way. Worms do seem to work much better though. I'm thinking Corn would be a good back up for when you run out of 'the good stuff' that is working.
[signature]
Not to be rude, but cutts will eat anything.
[signature]