Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB report 10/7/19
Mooseman, Tyfighter, and I gave it another try today. By the time we had lines in the water it was 9:00 and we had to pull them in at 12:15, but we did okay in the time we had. We started off at about 8.5 fow directly out from the jaws and pointed toward the island. We hadn't gone far when Ty alerted me to a fish on my rear pole. A nice middle-sized one. After that we pretty much traded off, mostly catching smallish cats. Then Tyler hooked into one that gave him quite a fight. We were pretty sure it was at least 25.5" which would be a bumper for him. When his dad got the fish all stretched out his tail crossed the 28" mark! That was a 3" bump and leaped-frogged him over his little brother into second place in the youth division. Not bad for an eight-year-old.

I also hooked into a strong, heavy fish. Could this be the 30"er I've been searching for? Nope, it was also a 28, but it gave me the best fight I've had all year. All the fish had a lot of fight in them compared to a couple of days ago. It was even colder, too. It started out at 52.6° and rose to 56.6° by the time we left.

Each side of the boat landed five or six fish for the day which isn't really too bad for three and a half hours this time of year. We used white bass and garlic chicken and both worked well. We made a big old loop as the gentle breeze pushed us to the right. Soon we were headed toward Timp, then Provo Canyon, the Y, on to Sandy Beach, and ended up pointed toward BS. We caught fish all along the way. We ended up at 9 fow.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the report Craig, sounds like a good trip. How are you doing with the new boat?
[signature]
I'm fairly well broken in now. We have been able to figure out how to utilize the space and move around successfully. I am still working on getting the kicker going but I mainly need to get together with the previous owner on that. He's very helpful when I have questions, so that's good.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It's sure nice when the previous owner is willing to help out like that.
[signature]