Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mary
Went up today. Lake is 3 feet from full. Still lots of snow to melt. Visibility about six feet. As expected there were tons of people. But none were fishing. This lake is full of last years planter brookies that need to be thinned out. The DWR plants 5000 when 1000 would be a better amount. I caught quite a few and we kept six. The meat is good on them. I did see one large splash which I would guess was a laker but as usual no bites from them.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, how big are these planter brookies you caught? Maybe the DWR plants those extra brookies for the lakers[Wink].
[signature]
I don’t think there are enough lakers to thin out the brookies. Otherwise I would catch the small ones like out in Nevada. I believe they have a tough time spawning after the severe fall drawdowns. The bottom is pure mud.DWR could stock a few....
[signature]
Too bad those Wasatch alpine lakes have no scuds!
[signature]
Where is Lake Mary?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Lake Mary is currently being drained and almost to the point where it becomes two lakes. The water has cooled enough to where the brookies are in the shallows. The are large schools of skinny planters roaming the edges looking for food. I saw one or two larger ones. I tried fishing deep with no luck. Tons of people around but nobody fishing.
[signature]
Well I sprained my thumb chasing tigers so had to take a few days off fishing. But my feet still work so I headed up to Lake Mary on a beautiful fall day. . The dam is now closed and the water level is right at the point where there are two lakes. Tons of people as usual but zero fishing. Ice is starting to form so I ‘d say another two weeks and it’ll be done.
I took up station on a very tall cliff and commenced watching fish. You can guess what I saw. Hundreds of Brookies, none large and one Laker cruising the shallows. If anyone here catches it pm me a picture.
[signature]