Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Provo Browns
Last two trips I have been a bank tangler, fishing along the shore of the Lower Provo (near the mouth of the canyon and in down town). I fixed up a fly and bubble and have caught several browns in the last couple of trip. I will be getting out and hitting the shore more often.

I want to get a pair of hip waders. Size 9. Any suggestions on a good quality brand. I have nice chest waders, but want something a little faster to put on and keep in my 4-runner for after-work excursions.

Here are links to the videos I put together.

Big Brown https://youtu.be/pcSPLDESHH8

Little brown https://youtu.be/MlqeRzxl2ao

By the way. Thanks for all the posts. I continue to enjoy Big Fish Tackle. What I don't understand is why Utah is the most active state for this forum.

Matthew
[signature]
Thanks for your report. I used to work at a couple of the parks in that area and caught some nice fish. I figured it was too late for grasshoppers; what do you think? Never fished with a bubble in there so I'm glad to have a new method to add to my arsenal. Good videos--it's fun to see some of my old haunts. I have been too busy fishing for contest cats to hit any streams and haven't caught a brown this year. The Provo is my first pick to catch some to add to my species list. Now you've got me real motivated. So do you live in Provo?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Love your enthusiasm looks fun.

Never tried a fly and bubble for fall browns I always throw 3” keitech swimbaits. I’ll have to try a bubble and fly
[signature]
Catchinon,

Yes, I live in Provo. It was exciting to catch a few browns in the river. I will be spending more time on the river since it can be hard to find someone to go out in the boat with me. I don't take my boat unless I have a fishing partner (for safety reasons) The fly and bubble works great. It was too late for hoppers. I didn't get one single hit with it. Next year.....

My older brother taught me the trick of fishing rivers with a bubble. Put a hopper, worm, or any other insect on there with a little sinker and you can fish the slow moving currents really well.

Send me a PM when you have time.

Matthew
[signature]
The bubble and fly works great when you have limited space to work a fly rod. Very easy to work the slow current areas. The fish were rising that day, some shooting a foot out of the water. So, it worked pretty well. If I could find the right pattern it would be a killer!
[signature]