Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle question.
Seems like just recently someone posted that they were going to help on gill netting at Jordanelle. Just wondering what the results were.
[signature]
Bump....

I too would like to know what the results were
[signature]
That was I. Been outatown for awhile. Seems like Jordy gillnetting was back in mid-Sept. I pulled all 12 nets, but wasn't able to stay for the processing --- counting, weighing, measuring, etc. Jackie Watson from that region of the DWR probably still working those #s. Local TV station Fox 13 did a little feature on it that, which is likely still on their website. Search "Jordanelle Kokes" once you get there. Anyway, from what I saw ---- tons of kokes, and good sized, particularly on the extreme NE end. Wipers galore, also. Bunch of rainbows, no splakes, and only a few perch, tho different types of nets used this fall, and different placements. Would have gillnetted Starvation this past week, so awaiting report from walleye buddy who helped out.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Interesting on the location of the Kokes. Most everyone who fished for Kokes this past summer concentrated on the area around the dam. Sound like I might have to do a little more scouting next year. But maybe it's a seasonal thing.

The fellow who has a show on Saturday evenings (not Adam Eakle) had a segment about 3 weeks ago on fishing for Wipers at Jordanelle. They were doing pretty good and it looked like they were fishing the Rock Cliff arm area. They never did show or say what they were tipping their jigs with. I thought that was pretty interesting of having a fishing show and not showing/saying what they were using.
[signature]
[quote lovetofish]They never did show or say what they were tipping their jigs with. I thought that was pretty interesting of having a fishing show and not showing/saying what they were using.[/quote]

I think he is a little sensitive about telling the public what he's using since he got busted for using bait at Minersville.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote gofish435][quote lovetofish]They never did show or say what they were tipping their jigs with. I thought that was pretty interesting of having a fishing show and not showing/saying what they were using.[/quote]

I think he is a little sensitive about telling the public what he's using since he got busted for using bait at Minersville.[Wink][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I'M surprised he still HAS a show after that debacle. [laugh][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."