Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Brown Trout - Weber River Report
We have a tradition on opening day of the general Deer hunt. We (my extended family) gather at our property, chase a bunch of kids in orange up the hill, eat all their candy, then go fishing for big fall browns on the Weber.

The section between Echo and Croydon, is very low right now, as they have started holding water back in Echo. This congregates the Browns into what is left of deep holes - Plus the spawn - Gets you some very big, very hungry, very aggressive browns, if you know where to take a peek.

We had a great time taking a bunch of the various families kids out again this year and they caught some real nice ones.

The only downside to this annual activity is being careful with spawning browns to take care of the fish and get a good quick release and stay away from spawning grounds so you dont crush eggs. As you can imagine with super excited kids, it sometimes dosent work out that way and we did end up eating a couple. Even Cookie ran one right up over the rocks cause she wouldn't wait for the net. Oh well, all in all, the majority got put back in great shape.

Sorry this time I cant share the exact spot as its on private property, but that whole section has great brown fishing this time of year so you dont need to be on the exact spot - plus there are a number of open DWR sportsman access into the private areas. And methods, ya, anything. The kids used bait. The flyfishers used steamers and nymphs. The caster used meps and rapals. Like I said they are aggressive.

Here is the video.

https://youtu.be/i4UFFaJfW98
[signature]
Great tradition and pictures! Love big browns.
[signature]
Looks like a great time, and what a fun tradition.

thanks for posting
[signature]