Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine and Hyrum 10/26
We launched my 20’ Wooldrige boat at the first launch at Porcupine around 7 am to beautiful calm conditions and proceeded to long line Jakes and other assorted spoons we put Repalas on the down riggers hoping to find some of the large Browns I caught through the hard deck last year, no luck on the Browns we did manage 1 fat beautiful Rainbow after lapping the lake with no more success we pulled up our lines around 10:30 am and headed to Hyrum where we played with the perch along the buoy line of the swim beach until the wind came up after 2:00 pm. We caught the perch on small jugs tipped with night crawler and perch parts no size to them 5-8 inches
[signature]
water has certainly cooled on Hyrum but moving around and probably just a little east of where you were at has been producing bigger perch. On 10/24 we picked up 20 very nice gills- mostly 9 to 10 inch and as wide as my hand span. Hopefully next Sat thru Monday the weather warms enough in the afternoon we can go back for more.
[signature]
Glad to hear you got out!
[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I was going to try Hyrum on Saturday, but got busy and didn't make it out.. Thanks for a great report and I like your boat.... Later J
[signature]
I also visited Porcupine that day - Saw you on the lake. It was real nice up there until that wind kicked up.
I've only fished that lake through the ice and I rarely ever bank fish at a lake but thought I could use the solitude and wanted to check it out.
I didn't find any of the big browns either - however about mid afternoon when the wind died down I did see several of them jump totally out of the water.
I landed a handful from the bank on a variety of spoons, etc.
I'll wait til its iced over before heading up again.
[signature]