Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Conditions this weekend
For those who are considering going up to Strawberry this weekend, I just called the Strawberry Marina and got some info:

It is clear now, but they expect it to snow this afternoon (Friday). They keep the roads plowed and packed, so you should be able to get access just fine. I am taking up a group of scouts early tomorrow morning. The guy at the marina recommended a 4x4, but he said not absolutely necessary.

He said there was about 18 inches of snow on the ice -- with this recent storm I thought it would be worse, so we're good to go.

I'll be at the Marina from about 8 - 12 noon tomorrow with my scouts. If any other BFT'ers are going to be there please come say hello, I've only met a couple BFTers in the 7 months I've been on the board. I drive a red 1990 Toyota pickup. Not sure what the other leader will be driving, but we'll have from 6 to 10 13-15 year olds with us -- I'm sure ya can't miss us. Later.
[signature]
Hey cat_man, thanks for the info. I'm planning on being there tomorrow myself, along with my wife and 1-3 kids. I'll try to get aholt of ya if I remember my radio. Did the ranger mention whether or not they plow the other access points? I was planning on chicken creak east, but I could hit the marina instead. Thanks.

Mateo
[signature]
I don't know if they also plow the other areas. I imagine they do but who knows. I don't have a radio, so won't be able to get me that way.
[signature]
We fished the "perfect storm" on Thursday 2-26. Myself and a friend went up to Soldier Creek, I saw one other person on the ice at the ladders, chicken creek E and W were empty as well as the parking for S.C. We got out to our spot about 8:30, at that time there was 4in of fresh dry fluff to run the snow mobiles in. We drilled a dozen or so holes into 27in ice, from 11ft. to 23 ft. I camped over a 19ft. hole and never left, fish were on the vexilar all day, LOTS OF LOOKERS, the bit is lit, but there, there, you just have to see em and talk em into it. The snow keep a comin along with a enjoyable Strawberry BREZZZZ, We left at 3:00, 9in was on the ground buy then. We never saw, or heard another person, or machine, I guess it's one way to beat the crowds. Lots of slot size cutts, with the largest of the day being 24in, only 2 bows this trip one 20in one 14in, all the aboved mentioned will live to fight another day, as it should be, one of the better days fishing this year, we both agreed that the weather and fishing were perfect
[signature]
Hey mudbug thanks for the report! I'll post one on monday and let everyone know how we did tomorrow morning.
[signature]