Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler Drained and Iced
Just an FYI post power company drained Cutler for a siltation study, will be down for about two weeks.. The shallow water that is left froze over yesterday so with last nights cold I'd expect at least 2" of ice today.... Other spots of interest Peter's Sinks -44F last night so has anyone been up to Tony Grove today??? Is it thick enough??? Curt69 reported Henry's is fishing at the state park marina on 3" of ice... So we'll be getting a post on the Ice Challenge this week and starting the fishing very soon... Later Jeff
[signature]
Crap! How many feet did they draw it down?

Mike

P.S. -2 at my house this morning in Garden City.
[signature]
Hey Mike it was a 15’ drop at the dam. They are mapping all the sand bars for FERC as part of the relicense. We were 5 deg F when I left for work at 5:00 so I don’t know how much more it dropped by sun up but it was cold. Walked on my pond tonight but was cracking so I didn’t try to fish yet. Guess this won’t hold yet but it could be an early ice season. Later Jeff
[signature]
Down around 10 F this morning so I’m thinking if I wasn’t doing the Halloween thing tonight I’d try the ice. Pretty early for valley ice. Later J
[signature]