Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Conditions at Rockport
No ice - Nada --But buddy and I did take my boat out there today, Nov. 5th, trolling about 0830 to 1230....Looks like we may be able to hit it another week or two, according to weather reports....Rainbows cooperated pretty much start to finish, with a little lul in action around 1100....windy conditions 0830 to 1130, then no wind....my best action was on 2.5" silver/black Rapala, tipped w/nite crawler....3" green/black/orange also good....red/white/gold Kamlooper spoon produced....best for my buddy was Rainbow Assasin, then he also did good on 2" 'German Brown' Rapala, also tipped w/nite crawler....we each landed about a dozen, mostly 12 - 14"; I did get 2 over 17"....all nice fish, all caught shallow, 5 - 12'....used planers and DR... about 6 boats on water, courtesy dock still up....Have fun, and Guluk....
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I’ve been wanting to get up there. Maybe this Friday will work out.
[signature]
Tipped Raps with crawler? Didn’t that destroy any action?
[signature]
Sticking anywhere from a pea-size chunk to an inch so that a half an inch is on the hook and the rest flailing around works great for me. Back hook. Gulp maggot in the same place, works good on a Kastmaster too of course.

Any more than an inch flattens out the action I think.
[signature]
Yeah, like Jed said....just a small piece; I try 1/2 to 3/4" at most, but on Rapalas I've been doing the little piece front and back hooks....and it probably does affect how the lure acts in the water, but the 'bows don't seem to mind....I've even caught Kokanee up at the Gorge with the same set up....Guluk...
[signature]