Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Fishing as I know it
For this year, anyway. Emptied and put away the kayak, took the carrying rack off my vehicle, stashed all my rods, re-arranged my lure boxes, and moved my fishing clothes to the storage closet.

I sold all my ice gear two years ago - but kept one rod, clothes, and a box of ice jigs. Just in case. You never know, right?
[signature]
I guess i just don't get it.

why?

Why "stashed all my rods, re-arranged my lure boxes, and moved my fishing clothes to the storage closet."?

I understand the kayak.
I understand not wanting to ice fish.
I understand temperatures change this time of year.

I do not understand making a decision to put everything in storage - thus eliminating opportunities. heck, if nothing else, let the stuff sit for 3 months and don't use it. But at least leave it where it is usable for those spur-of-the-moment "let's go" trips. There is always some water calling out to be fished. Don't limit yourself.
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]. . . kept one rod, clothes, and a box of ice jigs. Just in case. You never know, right?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Correctamondoe. [/size][/#800000][/font][Wink]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Oh, it's all at hand, I assure you. If someone said "Let's go to Powell tomorrow" I could be packed and ready in about 15 minutes. I just don't PLAN to do any fishing until Spring.

I tinker with "stuff" all winter. Go through my bulging plastics bags and try to make myself toss stuff out, change line, tie up worm harnesses...stuff like that. Fishing is never far from my mind, it's just far from happening.
[signature]
I don't understand NOT icefishing. Kayaker like you would have an easy time taking a hand auger out and popping some holes, right? I'd give up all the other fishing before giving up icefishing.
[signature]
Huh ? Oh, hell I aint even done catfishing or fly fishing - there's plenty of water left.

Actually, if there is fishy water of any kind, I believe I'll find an opportunity to fish it.
[signature]
I have fished with a few fellow BFT members. I do enjoy ice fishing and you could tag along if the timing is right. I don't have a tent or heater, I prefer to be mobile and on the move if the action is not good. My preferred choice of fish to chase under the ice is walleye, but if the lakes don't freeze I will chase perch, crappie, bass, wiper if I can figure them out, and trout is on the bottom of my list of fishing targets lol. So, if you ever wanna get on the hard deck and can keep yourself warm, you can join me.
Gabe
[signature]