Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon help?
Hi,
I've tried fishing at East Canyon Res. several times over the summer and fall. Had a couple trips where I caught some, but been skunked way more here than anywhere else I fish. I fish from shore, and have tried different areas, but keep coming up empty. Used minnows, pb, worms, several different lures, no luck. Anyone have any advice? I love the lake, its great up there and pretty close to me, so I really want to figure it out. Not looking to get anyones secret spots or anything, just tired of getting the ol skunk up there.
[signature]
This was the first year in a while that I didn't fish it. Got tired of getting either skunked or catching nothing but 5" smallies. I do not fish for trout, but most others who go there seem to. (Must be Utah natives who don't know there are other kinds of fish.)

It ought to be a pretty decent smallmouth fishery, and it also holds crappie and now wipers. Can't vouch for those - never caught either of them there. If I'm going that way in the future, I'll go right past it and fish Echo.
[signature]
I like east canyon to about the same luck with me nota or about 2 it should be picking up right now i did hookup with a nice wiper this year with a worm cant wait to drill a hole in the ice up there [bobhappy]
[signature]
Side note: I caught the first rainbow trout of my life at East Canyon, as a guest of the late Doug Miller of KSL, no less. He had me troll pop gear and a worm, and had to tell me when I had one on. I winched in that godawful train of cowbells to find a trout hanging limp and exhausted from the hook. Underwhelming.
[signature]