Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I catch fish trolling
I saw this under water camera on E bay it was used and cheep. (first time I have used it.

this is at Deer Creek down 17 feet. At Strawberry you see moss all over the place down 17 feet.

The camera is over 2 feet away from the dodger. and the leader between dodger and green spinner (6 beads and 2 hooks) is 18", worms on hooks. the dodger is light green 4" sling-blade. so it is along ways away from the fish. to get a close up would need to put the camera closer to the Dodger.

I have the speed set at maybe 2 mph for 1 or 2 min then cut to 1.1 for 20 sec.
you can see in the video (1 min 20 sec. long) the lure goes up when I slow down
when I speed up the lure goes down and it hooks the fish.

the sound you can here it speed up. don't know if that is the dodger and spinner are the boat motor. my set back from the downrigger ball is about 35'.
[signature]
Robert, interesting video. It looks like you got a bargain on the camera.
[signature]
I think the camera will work for Sturgeon It is well made Just need good knots

the bad thing is the battery only last about 1 1/2 to 2 Hours. and it takes over 2 hr. to charge.
[signature]
Another way I like to change the action and move the lure up and down is by doing S turns rather than trolling in a straight line. The turns often seem to entice more bites and it is likely doing the same thing to the lure as slowing down and speeding up. Thanks for the video! It's fun to see exactly what is going on down there.
[signature]