Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal accomplished
I set a goal to catch 100 fish at Strawberry today. I used a tally counter and I resisted the temptation to look at it during the day. At 4:45 PM, we quit fishing and I looked at the counter and it read 115. That may be the most trout that I have caught in a day, but I'm not sure, because I have had some other great days, at Strawberry in the fall, in previous years.

We headed to a previous honey hole and anchored up and didn't move over 50' all day. Sure beats boating all over searching for fish.

I'm predicting an excellent ice-fishing season up there this year.
[signature]
Looks like they are still going strong.

If we had more time last week, you likely could have had back-to-back solo hundos. Something for you to aim for next week. Wish I could join you.[Wink]
[signature]
Congrats Kent ! Glad you made your goal. I am sure the temptation to take a sneak peek nagged at you most of the afternoon. And you will probably get that goal again.

I am sure you are correct, in past years you could have had days like that. I know I have had some pretty amazing catch rate days with you at strawberry in the past.
[signature]
Good job and congrats, always fun to have an epic catching day.
[signature]
What a great day for ya fishing. It's been fun to watch various reports about the Berry this fall. Seems like the old girl is really in its finest form this year.
[signature]
Love reading that report. Well done
[signature]
Does anybody keep and eat the cutts, wondering as my experience with them in the past from Pyramid is that they are stronger then bows and Brookies, might be good for smoking
[signature]
Is that a personal total or total for your boat? Those darn fish probably made you fish thru lunch. Heck of a day. Congrates.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
That sounds like a fun day, I remember days like that at the berry.
[signature]
Just curious how many rainbows in the bunch?
[signature]
[quote BURLEY]

Is that a personal total or total for your boat?

[/quote]

Perhaps my personal best. Best for boat is over 300, with three anglers.

[quote BURLEY]

Those darn fish probably made you fish thru lunch.

[/quote]

Yes, I had to keep putting my sandwich down and grab one or both of my rods.[Smile] Lots of doubles today.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]

Just curious how many rainbows in the bunch?

[/quote]

We only caught two rainbows. One about 16 inches and the other one was about 14 inches. Brought the larger one home for a guy who wanted some fish to eat. Also, no slot busters today. Most were around 17 - 18 inches long with a few under the slot.
[signature]
I had an interesting experience yesterday. I snapped my line on a hook set and a couple hours later I hooked the same fish again (in the mouth) and got back my first tube jig. It must have been really hungry.
[signature]
I think my personal best total was 86...it may have been more but 86 is one I know for sure. My question is would you rather catch 100 17” cutts or 25 trophy sized cutts and bows? I always thought that they needed to change the slot limit, seems like all the cutts are the same size with maybe 1 or 2 slot busters mixed in with 100 fish.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]I had an interesting experience yesterday. I snapped my line on a hook set and a couple hours later I hooked the same fish again (in the mouth) and got back my first tube jig. It must have been really hungry.[/quote]

I think this same thing happened when I was with you about 2 years ago I was glad to get it back.

so it makes you wonder how many times do you catch the same fish.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]I I used a tally counter and I resisted the temptation to look at it during the day. [/quote]

[#0000FF]I shall always remember our first fishing trip together. It was on Jordanelle...shortly after I moved back from Arizona. When I saw you using that little clicker counter I figured it was just an affectation related to your profession (accountant). But, y'know I could have sworn that after some fish I saw you getting excited and making multiple clicks. Prolly just an optickle delusion.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Congrats on a good day. Even if multiple clicks per fish were involved it was a memorable performance.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]

My question is would you rather catch 100 17” cutts or 25 trophy sized cutts and bows?

[/quote]

I would take the 25 trophy sized cutts or bows or one 7 or 8' sturgeon any day. That said, I think we get spoiled fishing at Strawberry because the average fish there is as large as some of the "trophy" trout we catch on many other waters.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]

[#0000ff]I shall[/#0000ff][#0000ff] always remember our first fishing trip together. It was on Jordanelle...shortly after I moved back from Arizona. When I saw you using that little clicker counter I figured it was just an affectation related to your profession (accountant).
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with my profession but everything to do with my halfeimers.

[quote TubeDude]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, y'know I could have sworn that after some fish I saw you getting excited and making multiple clicks. Prolly just an optickle delusion.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[/quote]

You probably didn't realize that I click it three times for every fish that I catch and then divide the total by three at the end of the day. I find this much easier than clicking it six times for every fish and dividing by six at the end of the day. This probably has everything to do with my profession.[Wink]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Your simple explanation covers it all.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Reminds me of the new car salesman who was assigned to count the cars on the lot. He looked out briefly and said 112. The manager scoffed..."How could you do that so fast?" "Simple", the newbie answered. "I counted the tires and divided by 4.)[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Of course I would never question your methods or your accuracy. Silly me.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]