Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 11/9
Launched my boat on EC Sat right after sunrise. Trolling for Trout. Hooked up a large ? on 9cm sinking Rainbow Rapala which broke my 6# line and swam away with my lure. Guess I had my drag too tight. Managed to catch 2 rainbows for dinner, but the fishing was slow. Caught one on a Rapala and one on a needlefish/downrigger @ 28'. Fished dodger on leadcore with no takers.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, wonder if the fish that broke your line was a wiper, I can't imagine there are a lot of trout in there that could break 6 lb test. Did the trout you caught have any holes in them from the anchor worms?
[signature]
Sorry for the late reply. The fish were healthy, fat, and great fighters. No sign of anchor worms. I also wondered if the one that broke off might have been a wiper. I have never caught a wiper, but it felt really strong. If it was a trout it was big. If someone catches something with a 9cm rainbow Rapala in it's mouth, that's my fish and I expect you to give it back ..[Wink]
A friend told me about a new way of cooking my trout. I tried it and my wife and I both love them cooked this way. The seasoning gets into the meat so much better. Bones are not problem. Love it. (fried in butter and avocado oil)
[signature]
That looks good, does it give it more flavor by leaving the skin on the fish while cooking it and if that is true, do you scale the fish before cooking them?
[signature]
I don't scale trout and I eat the skin. I love to fry the skin crispy. When you lay them in a pan on their side, the skin is great, but the meat doesn't really get any seasoning. We used a dry rub, and my wife and I both loved them cooked this way. We probably won't cook trout any other way in the future.
[signature]