Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Res
Decided to take the small boat over and give it a go after my instructional trip with Jeff and Rich. Launched around 8 am and started trolling around the lake to check it out. Not red hot bite by any means but enough to keep a guy interested. Water temp was 47 degrees, caught and released 11 bows with probably another 10 hits that didn’t stick. Caught fish from the surface down to 12’ running 1.4 on the gps with 60-80’ setbacks. Pearl Berkeley grubs and a grey artic fox trolling fly was what worked for me. Fish ranged in size from about 11” to 16. Weather was perfect and enjoyed my day in the office.
[signature]
Alan, sounds like another nice day for catching on Hyrum. Appears as though storm door is opening next week. I was thinking about a trip this morning to E Canyon. I'm still wearing the stench from the Bear and plus my laziness had me napping today.
[signature]
Yes Roger looks like the nice stretch of good weather is about to disappear, might have to look at some hard deck locations if the wind is going to be a factor
[signature]
Nice trip report, boy I can’t wait for retirement I like your schedule it would sure be a lot of fun. Glad you found them again. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Later Jeff
[signature]