Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC fishing with Liketrolling
Wiperslayer and I drove up from Ogden to meet Robert at the Island ramp for some fishing today. We got out around 7am to a chilly start to the day, the catching was on fire until the sun came up, then it slowed down. We were having a hard time even getting the lines in the downrigger clips on the first three fish but finally things settled down and we got all lines down. First and only brown of the day came as soon as all lines were down and we were sure it was a bow by the way to came out of the water and jumped many times before I got it to the boat and saw it was a nice 18" brown.[cool]
After the catching slowed, we tried to fish deep for browns but after an hour or more of no fish caught at the deeper depth, we started bringing one line after another up, so we could at least catch some bows and the bows did not disappoint, we hit several groups of fish, that gave us doubles. We stopped counting after twenty fish were brought in, most released to fight another day. Water temp was around 47 to 48 degrees. We were marking huge numbers of fish but for whatever reason all of those deeper fish would not bite, just the shallow fish between 5 to 15 feet down[crazy]. Awesome day on DC, thanks Robert for a another great day fishing.
[signature]
Nice report on DC...and good pics too....RP has been very good to us (including today) otherwise I'd be trying DC, like you guys....way to go!
[signature]
Thanks Joe, did you happen to see what we saw at DC today, at RP, see attached pic.
[signature]
Nope, at least not while we were there - 9 to 11....and it was getting cooler and windy when we left - that's why we left about an hour earlier than we were planning...We did see: 2 small pontoons, 1 raft, 1 canoe, 1 party pontoon, and 7 or 8 bigger fishing boats....no skiers today....
[signature]
That is a common sight at DC until freeze-up.
Let me guess, the driver of said ski boat had almost an entire lake to there self and while most likely not breaking the wave proximity rule still came unnecessarily close to you?
[signature]
Not too bad, they were near us once as there were trying to get the guy up but they went away from us after that, so that was good.
[signature]