Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Rockin' at Rockport
Hit RP this morning, 18 Nov...MAYBE trolling for the last time this season....(Hey, I'd like to get some good duck hunting weather)...But we took advantage of the situation again, as some very nice Rainbows have been willing customers these past few times out....Today was no exception....1/2 doz 17"ers between the 2 of us, and enough 12 to 15"ers to have a little extra fun after keeping some for the frying pan and smoker....We only fished for about 2 hours, as the winds started chilling as the clouds covered our region....so we left early, 1100, with about a dozen other craft still on the water....G. Brown Rapala worked great again for me,as well as mini pink/purple billfish....buddy did good on Rainbow Assasin again....All caught were just 4 to 6' below surface, although several times I tried my DR down to 25', where something keeps showing up - but never bites...Good A.M. on water, time to button up the boat...Guluk...
[signature]
Also at Rockport today where the fishing was close to non-stop as we had numerous doubles and even a couple triples.very seldom was the two of us have both poles in water. For us 3 inch rainbow rapala's or a dark black flatfish.Today was fishing at it's finiest and a Great way to end the season.. with the weather forecast that they are saying I will put the boat up tomorrow.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Did you catch any browns or were they all bows? Were you having your best luck toward the inlet or the dam end of the lake? Thanks for the report joe.
[signature]
Amen to a good season with the boat...Rockport has been good to me for many seasons, and now I'm hoping for nasty cold weather so I can walk out there with my 2' poles....see you out on the ice....Guluk...
[signature]
We like to try going a little So. at first, as several years ago, in the Fall, that East side channel produced very well...just hasn't done as well for me this year again, but I did see boats that way....this Fall, I did much better straight out from the ramp, and then trolling North toward the dam area....No German Browns, maybe that's what we're seeing hugging the bottom....?
[signature]
Could be big browns, not so sure about the smaller browns, they seem to be all through the water column.
[signature]