Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher vs dodgers
Interested in preference to a dodger or flasher and what size.
[signature]
I'm a dodger guy I have a lot of flashers but use dodgers most of the time
there are a lot of different ones

dodgers for Kokanee I like 5.5 " there is a Macks DOUBLE Dâ„¢ DODGER | 4.4" that works
for rainbow's and cuts I like 4" sling blades

there is a lot on this board that like 4" Dakota dodgers but I don't use then to much but sometimes they work just keep changing till you find what works
[signature]
The fish decide for me, mostly dodgers, but sometimes......
[signature]
I have been using flashers for many years now. I troll between 1 and 1.5 mph most of the time, and I do better with flashers, so I keep using them compared to dodgers. It might be my speed. I bought a lot of dodgers this year after chatting with liketrolling, so I will see how I do next year earlier in the summer with different color dodgers.
At the risk of looking like a dumbass, what is the difference between a dodger and a flasher?
[signature]
Flashers typically rotate inline creating vibration and flash, dodgers add movement by swinging back and forth/ side to side or a big roll
[signature]
Ok, thanks. I have just started experimenting with dodgers. Until recently, I didn't have a boat that would troll slow enough for them. I have caught a few kokes and cuttthroats, but am looking forward to kokanee next season.
[signature]
If anyone would like to experiment with putting together custom flashers, blades, dodgers or a variety of squids or trolling spinners, I have all the parts locally at my shop. Ie blanks, decals, eyes, etc. Send me a PM and we can discuss.
[signature]