Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here Perchy Perchy - Hyrum Report
Based on a little recon from our moderator up North, who graphed evidence of the perch at Hyrum starting to stack up, Cookie and I made a afternoon trip up and tickled their bellies a bit.

The road over the dam is still under construction, so we fished the shore around the State Park. We found perch hanging around a shallow to deep transition near the end of the west side of the state park. Finding them there helped as it placed them within casting distance from the shore.

Tried dropshots and double drop shots, a high-low rig and a bit of powerbait for trout, with minimal success. But, when we switched to a small floating yellow jig tipped with a worm - game on. These were not fligs, but some commercial walleye types. I am sure some fligs with Pats love, would have caused a feeding frenzy. Now to be honest, it was not fast action, but its was steady. Bait sitting got limited attention, but if we gave it small twitches, that would often trigger a strike. All strikes were very light, requiring a tight line with a close eye to spot and act on. We missed as many if not more that we caught, but we did manage to bring in some nice ones in a couple hrs. Thanks for the tip Jeff.

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/3AW30lj-U7k
[signature]
Very nice looking perches,.
[signature]
Nice job that looked like fun. Way to go getting them from shore that’s amazing. Congrats Jeff
[signature]
Those are some nice perch, Interesting rod holder. lol.
[signature]
I hold a patent on that rod holder. It will cost ya two tubes of worms and an ice cold coke to use it
[signature]