Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do? Found fly vest
Like an idiot, I left my fly vest on top of my car as I finished fishing on Friday morning up Provo Canyon. I got back to work and noticed it was missing and immediately turned around to go look for it. I found it hanging on a reflector on the side of the road. Rather than take it, someone hung it up where it could be easily seen. I was so appreciative! Whoever that was did the right thing. Rather than keeping it, they figured whoever lost it would be back shortly. It made me wonder if I would have handled it the same way. I know for sure if it was marked with the contact of the owner I would have returned it. In this case, mine was not. Also a good reminder to write my name in the vest so it makes it easy for someone to contact me if I do it again.
[signature]
Many moons ago, I found a modest tackle box in the parking lot of Silver Lake Flat Reservoir. Inside were a couple expired fishing licenses for a teenager who lived in the SLC area. I was able to return the tackle box to a grateful owner on the way home.
[signature]
First name and phone number in permanent marker, below the label inside the vest. And if you are wise, the word "Reward."

You were doubly lucky. Not only did an honest person find it, but no slimeball stole it before you could get there.
[signature]
I mark most all of our outdoor gear with a phone #.
I figure we will never get it back if the finder can not contact us. This gives the honest guy a chance to let me know.
[signature]
I'm glad you found it. I lost a tire this morning returning home from the tire shop. I had 4 loose tires stacked in the bed of my pickup. The top one slid off unnoticed by me until I got home. I think I know the very corner where I lost it so I retraced my route a few miles back to the tire shop but it was gone. I had 4 used but decent tires that were too good for the trash. Not a big loss but I kept wondering who would take a single used tire from the side of the road that fast?
[signature]
You know the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished" ? Well several years ago my son and I were up at Lost Creek. When we got there I noticed a almost new 7 to 4 trailer light adapter in the middle of the trailer parking area. I picked it up and set it on the wall along side the ramp as I figured everyone that comes up there with a trailer had to go along that wall and should have seen it. We launched, spent a nice day catching and releasing Rainbows and a couple Cutts. Come time to leave, son went and got the rig, backed down the ramp and we loaded the boat. Pulled back to the lot and made the boat all road ready. The last thing I was in the habit of doing was closing my tailgate and plugging in my trailer lights. Well I had the exact same kind of 7-4 light adapter that I always just left plugged into the truck. Went to plug the 4 pin from the trailer into the 7 pin...………..GONE ! I figured who ever lost the adapter I had found that morning had come back, and instead of looking on the ramp wall, had helped themselves to mine. So I went to the wall, and that one was gone also...……..[mad] Had to drive home with no lights or turn signals on the trailer. Fortunately, did not get stopped.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool