Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Reservoir Fishing Report
Fishing is still hot last week. Strawberry Reservoir continues to be a great place to fish as we get deeper into the fall season and is especially good from a boat. We caught over 60+ cutthroat trout all in the 12- to 23-inch range and a couple of rainbows in the 18-inch range. All of the fish were caught vertical jigging small white (3.5 inch white/glitter) tube jigs tipped with a nightcrawler. Other anglers that we talked with and saw also did very well.

Fish were located in the middle and backs of coves cruising around looking for food. We had the most success when positioning our boat in 40 ft. of water and working our baits about 5 to 15 ft. down. In most cases the bite was very light compared to recent weeks, so it was important to be quick on the hook set. For those of you looking for a great place to fish I would highly recommend checking out Strawberry Reservoir. If you have any questions, please feel to reach out and I’d be happy to help in anyway I can.

For more in depth info check out this post: https://tiltfishing.com/strawberry-reser...shing-day/
[signature]
this is what i get from the link
(Sorry, you are not allowed to preview drafts.)

me I'm tired of catching cutthroat trout.

maybe Nov 1 if there is no ice I may go after kokanee
[signature]
Are you not tired of catching kokes too![Wink]
Have you eaten all of this summer's haul already?
[quote liketrolling]this is what i get from the link
(Sorry, you are not allowed to preview drafts.)

me I'm tired of catching cutthroat trout.

maybe Nov 1 if there is no ice I may go after kokanee[/quote]

I think you meant to say Dec 1. [i]Been tempted to try the Dec start myself for kokanee but may not happen with the onslaught of winter descending upon us now. I know what you mean about the cutts, always catching slot numbers at the Berry on kokanee rigs. If one is interested in some big Layhonton Cutthroats try Pyramid Lake north of Reno, NV.
[signature]
Fall fishing at Strawberry is addictive. Any snow on the roads?
[signature]
It really is! The roads were clear when I was up there last week. I imagine it still is right now. Next week might be a different story.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Fall fishing at Strawberry is addictive.[/quote]

Amen to that. No other place fishes like Strawberry. I for one don't get tired of catching Cutts, even though most are in the slot range but still fun to catch.

I believe I've seen my last fishing trip for the year. I used to ice fish but mostly gave that up.
[signature]
[quote talyn]Are you not tired of catching kokes too![Wink]
Have you eaten all of this summer's haul already?[/quote]

I never get tired of catching Kokanee
I give a lot away to people that live by me
and my kids ask for them all the time
I may have about 40 in the freezer ( thanks to food saver vacuum seal) but they won't last to long the kids will be here of dinner Thur.
[signature]
You do have the kokes dialed in and it is awesome that many benefit from your success. Salmon on Thursday is a great alternative.