Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Ice?
I've heard rumors that some arms of Flaming Gorge are frozen up and that people are fishing through the ice. Anyone have specifics? Any other places that haven't been reported on here that are ready for ice fishing?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Facebook post of ice fishing on Panguitch. Also a report that an angler went through at Panguirch. So, ya. I can wait for that weather pattern Jeff was takling about
[signature]
We fished above Firehole last Friday and found 4-5 inches of snow covered ice. There's fishable ice at Firehole as well. Ice is patchy downlake from there to the Confluence, and was still thin as of last week. I would suspect that if the upper Green River arm is froze, so is the upper Black's Fork.

Fishing was moderate for burbot that night, and I never got a total, but we easily caught 50+ in our group. Some were also bigger fish, in the 25-30 inch range. That night, deadstick presentations worked best. Most of my fish came on a deadsticked Northland Buckshot spoon in 3/8 ounce, super glow perch, and tipped with a strip of sucker meat.

Hope it helps, Ryno
[signature]
Thanks Ryan. Your reports are always detailed and very helpful. What water depth were you fishing in?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Main channel depth was only 13-15’ but we were fishing the break of it in 6-10’. Lots of current, which I wasn’t used to dealing with.
[signature]