Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJonesin, Chick, LM, 10/13/19, Jonathan Gentry
Tournament setup by Tim Long. <br /><br /> First off, it was a COLD morning compared to a few days ago. 48 degrees I think. Probably didn't warm up until around 11 sometime. Then it was a really nice day out on the water. Unfortunately the fishing wasn't as nice, for us anyway. We started off in the slough by Thatch Rd and saw some action but nothing crazy. No big blow ups but the little squirts were feeding. Threw a frog around and a plopper with no luck. Partner threw a weightless fluke and caught 4 shorts. That was about all the action we saw all day. Went up by Blythe Ferry Rd and threw in and around the grass with not a single bite. Think I had a couple of small hits on an underspin but just hit the tail. Then we tried the Sequoyah slough next to the plant. 3 boats in there already so we left them alone and didn't go all the way back. No luck there. Headed back to Chester Frost and starting flipping docks and still nothing. Not a good day for us. Others caught some. Big fish was 5# and change I think. Not sure if the cold knocked them in the head or maybe the full moon the night before but definitely a slow day.