Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Report 2/28
Me, Adam and Woody went to Porcupine today. We left Logan at about 5:45. It was a little rough getting up to the top of the dam but we made it. We decided to take a little walk and fish some water where nobody had tried that year. We walked up the reservoir about a half an hour. Within ten minutes of getting our poles in the water we had a few fish caught. Adam pulled in a nice brown, it went 16 or so inches. I caught a few 16 inchers and woody caught a thick rainbow that was 17 inches. By noon we had caught a total of 11 fish, 2 browns 8 rainbows and one cutbow. We had a couple of MarCum's that showed a lot of fish come through. As the day progressed, the fish that came through bit less and less. All in all it was a great day. It's nice to see some nicer fish coming out of Porcupine. We caught the fish on a little bit of everything, just the traditional stuff. We fished from 12 foot of water to 40, and caught fish at all depths.
[signature]
Great report! Thanks for the input. I would love to get there sometime this year. How was the ice? Was it getting soft on the edges? How much snow was on it?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I've been wondering how the pig was fishing this year. How was the ice around the edges? It's getting to be the time of year where edge conditions change rapidly. Thanks.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] I know this is going to sound funny, but I have never been up there. closest thast I have been is Hyrum Reservoir. Wanted t o go many times just never made it. I am going to fix that this year.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] Any idea just how deep Porcupine is and can you launch a boat in it later on?[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I have wanted to get up to Porcupine this winter to try for some Koke action, but havent heard any good reports on them hitting this year. ANy suggestions on where there might be some good koke action going on???
[signature]
The edges are fine. Just take a big step when you reach them and you get right on. I have fished porcupine 5 times this year and am yet to catch a koke. I think the best bet someone has on catching one or any fish for that matter is to take a snowmobile up there and go to the top of the reservoir. Little to no pressure and in years past we always do better up top then by the dam.
[signature]
there are a couple of places to launch a boat in the spring time. As the summer progresses you will have to launch elsewhere. Maybe we can hook up this sprong and fish it. I live in Hyrum
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] hey there IdahoNative, i am going to put that trip on my list of places to go this year. As the year progresses I'm going to be watching closely. Maybe some shore fishing first. We will stay in touch.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]