Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton?
Has anyone checked the ice at Newton recently ?
[signature]
And Causey and Porcupine while we're at it?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I checked Newton and Glendale yesterday. Both were only about 20% capped. Newton a little less and about 70% full.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Ran up to Porcupine this am after swing by Hyrum on the way up, no ice on either one
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I was going to ride out one of the nights this week to see what was happening there. Too bad we didn't get the cold that was predicted for today, that is going to hurt my hopes for the weekend... Later Jeff
[signature]
It looks like we have a good wait for Newton. The North end was basically the only part that looked capped with a few ice islands elsewhere.
Driving thru Mendon, I must have seen over a Hundred turkeys along main street. I would guess near 1,000 could be present in town if I can see that many just driving through.
[signature]
Were those really turkeys or are you just calling all of us guys looking for ice turkeys ?
[signature]
It is not my intention to ruffle anyone's feathers. lol
[signature]
I was hoping it would make it this week, but we've missed two days that were supposed to be in the single digits, so now I'm very concerned it won't make it safe until the next cool down... I hope I'm wrong, but I expected today to tack over Newton and Hyrum and neither made it with temperatures in the 20's instead of single digits or below zero... Well at least it should be making Mantua more safe... Later Jeff
[signature]