Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report
Quick evening trip to Willard. Mostly to see about ice but did have a pole in hand. South Marina capped with an 1/2 to 2 inches. North Marina back and SW side capped but thin. I fished the side of the inlet and caught 1 perch on a floating jig, pink. Then tried the dock along side another angler. He caugh a small perch on a tungsten jig tipped with a worm. I had a couple taps that I missed. Angler near me reported a pretty good bite in the morning with some size. I think the wind kept the North harbor from developing more cap.

Was not really dressed for the cold so I exited but think a return trip in the morning, maybe Saturday, is in order.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and update on the ice conditions. Got a couple of questions for you, when you say the SW side of the marina is capped, does that mean the channel going out into the bay? Where is the, "side of the inlet"? Is the fisherman's dock and all the boat docks frozen in?
[signature]
Ya, I just reread my post and I am not sure what I meant. Let me try again

South Marina capped almost to lake. Punched a hole off the dock. About 2"

North Marina
.......thin ice cap covering the back and all the docks (including the handicap fishing docks) on the south side.

......this cap extends almost to the inlet on the south side

.....the boat ramp and the two side piers along side the ramp all the way to the 1 dock on the north side were free of ice. You can take a boat out into the main lake. The channel out is still ice free

....the furthest back dock, on the north side ( the state park ramp where they park thier boat) is capped

The ice actually was receding slightly this evening due to wind/ wave action, in the North Marina, but I expect it will grow back tonight.

However it's a thin cap. I would not be suprised if some open water remains for a couple days.
[signature]
Ok, got you but is the inlet you are talking about the same as the channel going out into the Bay? Otherwise I'm not sure where an inlet is in the North marina.
[signature]
Ya. Inlet to the harbor or channel out to the lake. I guess I use both to describe the same thing.

And the perch I caught was off the point of rocks on the south side just as you exit the harbor into the main lake.

Best thing is just for us to meet there, catch a bunch of fish at each spot and pick our own names for them locations, then use those names in every report we post to thoroughly confuse Pat.
[signature]
LOL, good one, thanks for the explanation.
[signature]
"Best thing is just for us to meet there, catch a bunch of fish at each spot and pick our own names for them locations, then use those names in every report we post to thoroughly confuse Pat."

[#0000FF]Too late. I'm always Confused anyway. I was born in the state of Confusion...right next to the state of Hysteria.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Glad you found something. Good luck if you get back down there. Had another report that said the perch hit well early and late.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I checked out Willard again yesterday evening. Ice conditions were the same as the day before. Still open water in North Marina, north side.
[signature]
I think I'm Confused but I'm not sure. I'll just quote ya'll and let the chips fall where they may.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]I think I'm Confused but I'm not sure. I'll just quote ya'll and let the chips fall where they may.[/quote]
[#0000FF]Hopefully not as in "buffalo chips".[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Still softwater, so they're Ripple Buffalo Chips. Ranch flavor.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'll take your word for it. Never sampled any of those "prairie pizzas" myself.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]