Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishingwithRusty, chick, lm, 11/11/19, Sam the Dog
got out monday(Veterans Day) and was able to make a day of it Wink combination of finishing the break in on the lower unit and practicing my punching. started the morning in CFP where i caught a couple schoolies saturday, managed to catch one on topwater and there were a bunch of fish around but i didnt stay too long.<br /><br />started running on up, stopping to look here and there. fished through a little nook with what was left of a grass line, did catch one on the punch rig. ran some more and looked some more. ran into Oldman and Fischnrod, they were sitting there jerking perch while we talked briefly. off i went, looked some more, punched some more. finally ended up above hwy60. punching down a grass line and saw fish push a shad up through the grass, the shad was on top of the grass and the fish kept bumping the grass up under it. pitched the rig over there and had the fish push up on the grass but it was so thick the rig wouldnt penetrate the mat, after a couple of attempts the fish lost interest. fished on down some more without any cooperation. <br /><br />called it a day as the rain was starting to come in, was nice day on the water despite not really catching much, was just good to be out