Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishingwithRusty, chick, striper, hybrid and LM, 102719, Sam the Dog
got out for a couple of hours, intended to just put 2hrs on the wingmaster lower unit i had rebuilt by Nichols outboard engineering in Soddy but............<br /><br />while idling over a creek channel bend i marked a pretty good group of fish, i knew some where white perch or hybrids but there were others that looked like green fish so....you gotta throw on em. first cast something took my bait and tried to take my rod! 20lb line and a locked down drag= pulled out hooks(figured it was a big cat). fire back in there, catch about 1lb hybrid. third cast, have another HARD hit and fish tries to take my rod again but i had backed off the drag Wink ended up chasing the fish down with the trolling motor and landed a nice striper probably 22-25lbs, easily over 36" long, if only Sam the Dog could operate my camera. got back into position and told myself if i didnt catch a green fish i was gone, well caught a 4lber on that cast. ended up making a few more casts without any more love before leaving(gotta get 2hrs of run time under 3500rpm on the lower). <br /><br />idle over a road bed and marked fish in one area, got a out a cb, told myself no more than 20 minutes on this, caught a 2.5lber on the 4th or 5th cast. i felt a fish hit it before that one hooked up so i thought maybe i got a few excited but 10-12more cast with the cb and no more love so i left.<br /><br />more running and idling, ended up in the back of a creek on a big grass flat, once again told myself "20mins" started punching the outside edge and ended up catching 2, one of which would have kept.<br /><br />more running, more idling, getting dark. stopped on one more stretch of grass. had something HAMMER a punch rig but nadda when i pulled emoScratch put it on the trailer and went on home. not a bad couple of hours, caught a couple and put about 90mins on that lower