Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot and Chesterfield ice
Drove up to Blackfoot Reservoir yesterday, but the snow was too deep to get down to the water. I got just above the dam, and with a foot of snow I didn't dare drive the last couple hundred yards down that steep road to the water. It was all capped with ice and snow.
So I tried the road to Chesterfield. It was ok but the closer I got to the lake the deeper the snow. I got on the ice near the dam about 2:30 in the afternoon. The ice by the dam was a little sketchy. Two inches of soft ice and two inches of water then three inches of good ice. I didn't dare go out to far from the bank and fished in 10 feet of water. Only had one soft bite on my jawjacker in two hours of fishing. Never seen any fish on my fish finder. There was a few people fishing up by the boat launch area and one snowmobile driving back and forth across the lake up there. So the ice must be a lot better up there.
[signature]
Thanks for posting those two reports Randy. Sad, not many members using this board anymore, would be nice if local members at least replied to other members post.[Sad]
[signature]
I still have hope Curtis. There are some good members. If they only knew how much fun the members of other states have. And how helpful they are, as far as spreading knowledge, they would be more active. I fly my flag and tell other fishermen about our site all the time. And the one's that do follow the site but aren't members, I try to get them to join. Some I show pictures of me and you at Willard.
[signature]
There is only so much you can do by yourself Randy, you just need members willing to contribute more and that's something that seem lacking for some reason. Maybe they will like the new BFT site more, when it comes out soon.
[signature]
I think it’s too easy to be secretive and not want to give out what you think is your honey hole, but at the same time want to know everyone else’s hole. I’ve found fishing to be a lot more fun once I learned to share. Later Jeff
[signature]
The only reservation I have is when I share some information with someone then they share that with their friends then that friend shares it with someone else and before you know it there is 20 people all camped out on the spot you have been going to for years. I don't mind sharing info such as tackle, gear and best times but I have learned that sharing geographical information just causes problems. I once had a guy get in my face because I was setting up to close to him (no less than 50 feet) and come to find out it was a friend of a guy I gave some information too. Needless to say I don't do that anymore.
[signature]
I don’t fault you one bit for keeping locations to yourself as far as coordinates are concerned, but if you’re fishing big waters like Henry’s or Blackfoot it doesn’t hurt to mention where you were. Lake name I mean not coordinates. I know when I fish areas that can’t take much pressure I won’t mention names of lakes either and for the most part folks accept that however sometimes it drives me nuts when I hear about a great place and they don’t tell me where it is. I accept it but I sure wish I knew where it was.

I know when we post the pressure does increase so I guess I can see why we don’t get a ton of posts. But sure is nice to have some ideas of where to go. Tough balance I guess. Thanks for the comments Jeff
[signature]