Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 12-19
Went to hyrum today after work. Ice was three inches at the dam and popping here and there. Good clear ice. Got there at about 430 and left about 530 ish. Caught five perch biggest was about 9" or so and the smallest was around 7".
[signature]
Congrats on the catch and thanks for the report!

Did you see anyone else out there?

I haven't been there in a month or two, is the construction that had the dam road now complete? can you drive across the dam?
[signature]
One guy and his boy showed up between the time I checked the lake and had got home to grab everything and get back. But ya you can drive across the dam we just parked by the dirt mounds north of the dam. Catching wasn't fast and furious but they preferred a jigging presentation over a dead stick
[signature]
Thanks for the report was going to try it in the morning after one more night of freezing a little thicker to hold up my extra weight. I think I’ll try at swim beach. Thanks for the report. J
[signature]
On 12.18.19, the ice at the beach was only 1", but a very hard 1". I don't think the temperature went above 19 degrees so I bet it will be good tomorrow.
I’ll check and find out. I’m only going out to about 10 FOW to play with the perch so don’t trust my report for the whole lake it will be close in and spud barred to death. Later Jeff
[signature]
I’m going out Saturday morning. I’ll post an update. I like to go in at the beach and move upstream from there. I’ll let you know.
[signature]
Not if I don't give you your rods and reels back. LOL