Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come hell or hard water - Echo
Walked a tightrope out on Echo this morn. 3-4" of solid ice, but clear enough to see the bottom as you walk out. Cleats a must. Or, if the fishing was like today, bring some skates --- a couple of hockey games going on mid-lake. Lot more water
compared to a year ago. I was probably fishing where I parked last December.
About 40-50 guys on the ice from what I could pan from the ramp area. Saw a few rainbows decked, but nary a perch. Drilled a lot of holes over 3 hrs and nothing. Tried from 20-40'. Me and a bunch of locals who got 'em at first-ice a year ago left
scratching our heads. Can only get better.
[signature]
Bummer report. But thanks for helping me not feel so bad about not getting there yet. Hope they show up for you next time you get out.
[signature]
[quote perchinski]About 40-50 guys on the ice from what I could pan from the ramp area. Saw a few rainbows decked, but nary a perch. Drilled a lot of holes over 3 hrs and nothing.[/quote][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]This was posted yesterday on another site:
[font "Arial"][#000000][quote another site]fishing has been a little slower and after talking to the DWR officer it sounds like the lake was fished out last season and the perch have taken a BIG hit because of it.[/quote][/#000000][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[:/][/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I have heard rumblings in non public setting from biologist types that they really hurt Echo last year with the number of fish taken. Them Perch are prolific little buggers, but that lake was hammered last year. It will be intrested to see how it faired.
[signature]
Hi Bob,
I would be very surprised if that was true?
I fished it just a few months ago, myself and everyone around me hammered them, with quite a few in the 10-12” range.
They must be hiding because they knew Mike was looking for them and meant business.....
[signature]
[quote MrShane]They must be hiding because they knew Mike was looking for them and meant business.....[/quote][Image: hde2uSa.gif]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

[signature]
This^^^^.
The clouds of perchlets under and around my boat a few months ago were massive.
Last years high water in Echo had to have been a boom year for Echo perch.
Echo was all open water sunday eve.
The lack of snow on it right now is a good thing, generate a little thicker ice cap in the next couple of days.
Just be a little more patient and good times are coming....
[signature]
I love the optimism. Will see ya there and wish ya a full bucket of taco makns
[signature]
Fished Sunday from 8:30 till 2:00 PM. First set of holes were in 37 ft, second set 48 ft, third set 55 ft last set 64 ft.
Left for home with the original bait on both poles. Never found perch on the bottom and chased trout when I saw them up but never had a bump. Did see a Snowdog cross the lake in what looked to be comfortable fashion, his partner was on Ice skates and packing a hockey stick not sure who was having the most fun. Ice was 3" and very very slick, cleats were mandatory.
[signature]
Fished echo Sat morning too. Had to move a lot to find them but we found some 8-9 inchers and his little friends at 60ft.
[signature]
Nice to hear some one is catching..
[signature]