Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Boat Launching
Hey Guys,

Been a long time since I was on the Bigfishtackle forum. I have a question about launching at the marina in Garden city. Is it passable? I wanted to go fish on Thursday and would do a full report when I get back if someone could let me know what the marina looks like and of course the lake.

Thanks in advance...
[signature]
State marina is completely dry on the ramp this past Saturday. Bubblers are doing their job and keeping water open. Some ice chunks floating around between the marina and garden city point
Thanks crestliner I appreciate the information!
[signature]
45 degrees and snow is melting. Good launching both on the east side and state park marina. Docks are still in as of 12/24 on the east side ramps too.
[signature]
Thanks BLFG. I appreciate it[fishon]
[signature]
Fished the lake yesterday. Ramp is mostly bare and the marina is virtually ice free. Only fished the rock pile and didnt mark very many fish. We ended up with 7 all cuts and 4lbs being the biggest. Still a good day.
[signature]
How were you fishing?? Jigging, down rigger trolling? Do you use some bait or sent?
Love to ice fish this year.
Thanks
[signature]
We only trolled because of lack of fished marked, never use scent. If I can find a big pile of Mack's, at least 3 or more then I will jig them. It really was a ghost town for big fish, I'm sure they are in shallower eating whitefish or something of that nature. With this colder weather coming I'm hoping the lake doesn't freeze. I'd rather fish out of the boat than ice fish for lakers.....
[signature]
Barely made it back in yesterday with the ice in the mouth of the marina. Stays cold tonight and tomorrow night the marina will be froze up with 4 to 5 inches of ice and no boats will be in or out. East side launching would be the only option unless the wind that is forecast this week blows it open again