Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barney is at it again at Mantua
Got up the Mantua with my son this morning and headed down the road on the South side. I made sure I parked outside of the signs that said,"no parking on both sides between signs", went out fishing but when I got back there was a ticket on my windshield. Looks like Barney is back[mad].
We caught perch, gills and trout, nothing of any size. Fished in 11 to 13 FOW.
[signature]
Do you fight such nonsense, or just pay it?
[signature]
I always have parked outside the signs as well and have never had any problems. Seems pretty clear the arrow is only pointing one way.
[signature]
Just got the ticket a few hours ago but I have no intentions of just paying it. I guess my first chance to go before the judge will be after the first of the year, so I'll for sure try and fight it.
[signature]
I know, that is exactly what I thought and about twenty other people that parked along that road thought the same thing but we all got tickets. I guess the rules have changed and with those changes came not a $20, not a $50 but a $100 fine[Sad]. I hope the judges sees it the same way as a lot of other people do.
[signature]
I hope everyone who got a ticket while parked on the side of the sign with the arrow pointing the other way fights it. Sure seems like mantua is doing everything they can to keep the non residents from fishing there.
[signature]
Did SB100 pass? If it did Mantua PD is going to need to make money somehow.

https://www.hjnews.com/allaccess/mantua-...39971.html
[signature]
Must be a new Barney...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46648827/ex-...ed-2-years
[signature]
When I was up there last week I ran into the Mantua officer just as I was putting gear back into my truck to leave. He said there was a new sign by the boat ramp that said no parking anywhere on the dike road and that they had plowed an area to the south of the ramp for people to park and unload gear. I did see the plowed area, but I did not notice any noticably new signs? Fortunately I just got a warning.

Best of luck to you on fighting the ticket. If they didn't want people parking anywhere on the dike I believe they should have pulled down all the old arrow signs and replaced them with "No parking anytime" to remove any chance of confusion.
[signature]
[quote Jedidiah]

Did SB100 pass? If it did Mantua PD is going to need to make money somehow.
[url "https://www.hjnews.com/allaccess/mantua-fuming-over-speed-trap-bill/article_349901bd-9e37-5eed-a258-60d624c39971.html[/quote]"][/quote][/url]

No it didn't pass.

[url "https://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/SB0100.html"]Link:[/url]
[signature]
Probable explains why they didn't change the sign down below for all to see.
Because we all should know to drive further up to look for new signs before parking[crazy].
[signature]
catchinon and I were joking about the signs that say something like "Parking is Not Allowed on Both Sides of the Dike". Our plan (if we had gotten a ticket) was to point out that we only parked on one side of the dike, not both...

Seriously (?), our "Grammar" would like to point out that the signs should probably say "either side of the dike". You would think with the new construction they would have considered a parking area over there somewhere?
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
The lady at city hall said it wasn't them that made the rule, it was Brigham city because they are the ones that control the water rights to the lake. I pointed out that if that were the case, why was the Mantua city the place where the ticket came from and it was Mantua city that would receive the money. I also stated that if they were just trying to get people to not to park on the South dike there, why did they need to have the fine so high, a $20 fine or a $50 fine would accomplish the same but a $100 fine is just a way for them to generate money, just like they did when Barney was giving out speeding ticket before. I'll be contacting "Get Gephardt" tomorrow and see if he can help.
[signature]
From what Kent posted, it looks like it did not pass.
[signature]
LOL, sorry, I meant the law enforcement in the city, not exactly the same Barney that was giving all those ticket out before.
[signature]
Not sure how a sign by the boat ramp helps anyone that is going to the South dike road. I think most people would think a sign there was for the ramp, not to road on the South side of the lake, maybe they expect you to read every sign around the whole lake[crazy].
I totally agree with your statement,"If they didn't want people parking anywhere on the dike I believe they should have pulled down all the old arrow signs and replaced them with "No parking anytime" to remove any chance of confusion."
Now that I know they don't allow parking there, I won't do it again but I'd bet money there will be people parking there and getting tickets again and again, until they make it clear. As I said above, I think this is more about making money than keeping people from parking on that road.
Here are my choices, I can appear before the judge and plead guilty and pay the $100 fine or plead not guilty and go to trial and just hope the judge sees it my way, if I lose, the fine could be even higher. [:/] Wish I knew a lawyer I could ask.
[signature]
I saw that sign too but figured it meant on both sides of the dike where it signs said "no parking between the signs" with the arrows.
I told the lady at the city hall just what you said, having a parking lot on either end of the dike does little good if your intent is to walk on from the walkway in the middle of the dike, why not just build a parking lot below the dike right where the middle is. If they can build a parking lot on both sides why not build one in the middle too. In the big picture, I just don't see the harm in parking on the dike. I'm sure they have a reason but if it was so important, why did they not have that law from day one, not just put it in place many, many years later, because they decided they did not like people parking there.[crazy]
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Curt,[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000] [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I didn't see this thread before I posted a response on the other thread about Mantua. This is a whole different ballgame now. I think calls to 'Get Gephardt' AND the Brigham City Mayor are in order. I would also go back up and take pictures of all the signs around the ramp AND the south road and get a picture of your parked vehicle legally parked on the correct side of the south road area and show these to the judge. Only the judge can determine if you violated the law, NOT the ticket writing anal opening dipstick from Mantua.[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000] [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Don't pay the ticket without appearing before the judge. He may already know that it was issued without cause and summarily dismiss it. This is absolutely ridiculous. [crazy]
[/size][/font][/#800000] [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000] [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Any idea if parking is allowed at the very east end of the south dike road where the turn around circle is located?
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
My money is on you paying the fine.Keep us posted.
[signature]
Yes, parking is allowed on that East end by that rest room and at a newly created parking spot on the West end of that South dike, just not in the middle from what the lady at the city hall told me yesterday.
[signature]