Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Reports 2018 - 2019
[#0000FF]Sent an inquiry email to Chris Penne...DWR. He has been our contact for all things Willard for several years. This past year he was given some new and increased responsibilities and our new biologist for Willard is Cody Edwards.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I asked Chris about the combined 2018 - 2019 netting and survey report for Willard. He verified that was the plan and projected it would be available early next year. Also gave Cody some kudos for the work he has been doing.[/#0000FF]

We're going to do a two-year Willard report this year that will cover both 2018 and 2019. Cody is almost finished with the data analysis and figures and just has the writing left to do. That said, all I will guarantee is that he will have the report done before the walleye spawn in the spring. I say that because our winter season is packed with work planning for the upcoming field season, grant writing and coordination meetings with the other natural resource agencies (BLM, Forest Service, State Parks, etc.) so he still has to fit in the report writing among all those other things.

Cody is doing great. One additional component he's working on for the Willard report this year is he's automating the analysis and creation of figures for the report. He is proficient in one of the newer statistical programs and is writing some code that should allow him to do the calculations and figures for our fisheries reports in a few minutes rather than the two to three days it used to take me to do them.

Take care,

Chris
[signature]
And to think that I almost became a fisheries biologist. They have more paperwork than I ever had as a therapist !! Yug !!! Good luck to Cody, Chris, and all the other DWR guys who will have a huge case of writers cramp to undo in the Spring. And thanks to them for saving us from similar woes !!!