Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB retry
So we tried another hour of LB today. It was 30 degrees and the waves were about 1 1/2-2' but there were two boat trailers in the parking lot so I was a bit nervous for them. The guy next to us was catching lots of fish and told us what he was using. He was just using a mealworm on a jig head. So that's what we did and nothing. I switched to a TX flog for bass type book and then missed a couple hook ups. Devon switched to mini octopus looking thing and within a few minutes he caught his first and only first an 8" walleye. My youngest was now freezing and Devon couldn't tell his hands and I got a knot from hades in my line and leader so I took it as an omen we were done for today but will be back. Oh he was using about 36-42" of leader length. There wasn't a bit of ice that I could see any where.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That was fun that he caught a walleye. I'm guessing that some ice will building up with this cold weather. Were you fishing in the harbor or by the spring?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

We were in the harbor in front of the gate on North side. There was ice on the day before covering south side of marina but it was all melted on our retry. But with these cold Temps I bet it free freezes.
[signature]