Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Report
Had a few minutes later today, and was down South, so Cookie and I dropped into Utah Lake. We hit Saratoga and AF harbor's for a few minutes each.

Saratoga was 3/4 capped. Looked like the morning fishermen had busted holes along the docks and the north rock dike. We sniped 5 little bluegill out of the rocks with a small ice fly. No WB takes. Wind blowing and had us numb pretty quick, so abandoned that plan and proceeded to AF harbor

AF harbor was also 3/4 capped but very thin. I had to takes off the middle dock, mid water column ( likely crappie?) on a white tube, but did not hook up. Then dead

Threw the Deeper Cherp sonar unit out at both places. Barren. No marks at all. WB must all went over to LB to enjoy the warm springs, massages and free meals that mooseman was offering.

I did a video of Cookie sniping those gills, but she said it was boring, so I did not drop it onto Youtube.

Oh, Pat, we did see your Willard Bay Monster this week. Watched a big old cat running belly up in the North harbor. It made a pretty close circle to us and we could see a big old perch stuck half way down. Did not get close enough to rescue. So I guess the myth died on that day.

Now, Cookie is game for her first ice run tommarow, just got to decide where.....anyone headed out?
[signature]
I saw you had considered Hyrum, it's been very good to me and mine this week. Perch and an occasional rainbow.
[signature]
Hyrum is still the most likely location for us tommarow, but was considered hitting Newton first, maybe let some people leave Hyrm, and hit it later. I am not sure about Newton as Jeff sounded like it was not producing well. But I want to hit it once this winter.

If course all this hinges on getting Cookie out of bed in the morning.
[signature]