Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECHO 12-29-19
4 of us went up to echo yesterday fished between the dam and the boat ramp, 8 rods down from 630am untill 2pm not one fish! tried 20-80 fow, spoons, jigs, worms, eyes, perch meat, nothing at all worked talked to a few other groups and seemed to be about the same results, if you want to go sit on ice and burn the day away have at it but if you want to catch fish id head ANYWHERE else, might have better luck at the great salt lake marina, good luck.
[signature]
That truly sucks. Curious, did you mark fish that simple had lockjaw, or were the schools simply AWOL?
[signature]
Hey, I rarely have posted anything here since registering eons ago.
But, you know what they say about location, right.
Yesterday, We had the best day at Echo ..."FISH ON" was heard nonstop.
35-40 FOW anything with a hook and meat.
Gotta keep moving to you find em!
[signature]
Ya some days are like that. One day you're killin em the next day nada. Been 3 times so far finally found a few at Mantua Saturday.
[signature]
THAT'S good to hear.

Mantua is like my HOME lake and last two years have been pretty sparse for me. Just timing and location I guess.
[signature]
Nice haul!!! Your soooo right about location on that pond. You have to burn some major calories perch serchin there. When you find them, the game is on. Then you have to go find them again.

Thanks for reporting.

LT
[signature]
Perchawg looks like you were Southwest of us. Looks like you got the same quantity but better quality.
Drilled the first hole about 7:30 am, finder lit up, both of us set up and finally thought about moving at 1 pm. Had to put my second pole away for a while. Most were 8 to 9 inches. Kept a couple just over 11 inches and 1 19 inch rainbow.
Hope to get back up there soon, if my shoulder quits hurting from setting the hook so much yesterday.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
ive fished it a few times and love catching perch, was weird tho i bet i punched 20 holes and moved alot, marked a couple but no takers.
[signature]
Do you think the ice is thick enough to bring a snowmobile out on it?
[signature]
I saw some sort of self propelled snow dog sled looking machine on Echo on Monday I would say yes but then again I don't have one.
[signature]
How thick was the ice? Heading up the Saturday with a couple kids and newbies. The kids don't mind so much but the other guys are a little "squeemish" if its' under 8"
[signature]
Was six and a half inches Sunday afternoon when we got off.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.