Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Perch.
Little late on the post as this was Friday after Christmas, but I was too sick to work, so I went fishing.

I fished south of Cemetery Point from the put-in down to the first visible bluff. found a few perch everywhere, and a lot in a few holes.

I got there late morning (nearly 11:00), Some other fishermen said the bite had been hot that morning and was dying off. They were in about 28-35' of water, so I went a tad deeper to 40 or so, and a little more west

Though I drilled a few dry holes, I caught about half my body-weight in 8" perch from all the others. Several times it was no use trying to iuse both poles.

Caught zero on still baits. In a good hole bites came on the drop, or after a bounce on the bottom and a lift. They ate both perch eyes and waxies on small spoon-and-chain jigs, and seemed to like picking my bait up off the bottom if I left the spoon lie for a sec. Also took and various other small jigs.

Couldn't find one much over 8", and wasn't equipped to stay and try for crappie that night.
[signature]
Thanks for the post. Very informative. Hoping to hit PV tomorrow with my son.
[signature]