Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with rosacea
I hope this isn't TMI but I had a first-time outbreak of rosacea when I was out at Flaming Gorge. I guess I'm supposed to avoid, wind, sun, getting too cold, getting too hot, hot drinks, etc. I'm not going to stop ice fishing but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to deal with it. I'm going out tomorrow and would like to not make it worse.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I wear a balaclava bandana face cover around my neck and pull it up over my face in the winter, it helps protect my face and ears from the wind, sun and cold.
[signature]
Balaclava is a great idea I wear one when I plow snow but I also wear a neck gaiter that pulls up over the top of my head and gives extra protection and they can be worn during the summer. SAcompany.com sells them for 8 for $24. They also sell fleece ones for winter but I don't know the price.
[signature]
Assuming you didn't have too much to drink while on the ice[Wink], anything that makes your face flush needs to be avoided. Hot drinks, spicy foods, heat source close to face and overheating in general. The wind and sun (especially when it reflects off ice and water) are also triggers. You might consider a zinc oxide sunscreen as a barrier to the wind and the sun. There is some evidence zinc oxide might improve rosacea anyways.
[signature]