Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo sumo perch 1/1/20
Caught some amazing perch away from everyone. The one perch actually took both poles a jigging rap and a ripping rap tipped with perch what a fiasco. 30 feet of water fishing bottom. 7 inches of ice started with only lures.
[signature]
Nicely done!!! I was just talking about finding jumbo perch. I've been a lot happier with Hyrum this year as most perch I've caught so far have been 7.5 - 10.5" instead of the 5-6" i caught last year. Your perch could have eaten some of those for lunch. You should have some tasty eats. Congrats!
[signature]
Nice haul, guess it’s time to make a run up that way. Thanks for the report
[signature]
Nice! I found some of those yesterday as well. Way to go on the brown. I don't think I have ever caught a brown through the ice.
[signature]
That’s some fat perch, congrats.
[signature]
It's good to see some size. Any sign of the walleye while you were out away from the crowds?
[signature]
Very impressive!
Big snow pack=high spring/summer water levels=submerged weed beds=excellent spawn=lots of baby perch as food=big perch.
Hang on if one of those smallies grab your bait!
Pray for another good snow pack.
[signature]
I was actually praying for walleye until those perch started banging the jigging rap and the ripping rap. The jigging rap caught most of the fish. A lot of the fish were spitting up baby perch.
[signature]
I would love to catch some smallies and walleye
[signature]
Some Very nice fish! Great job. What was the best bite time?
[signature]
Heavy cloud cover is the best I can answer that question I was there from 9 till 11 AM after working all night.
[signature]
I chase walleye through the ice, and so far Deer creek is the only placed I have iced walleye in Utah. A couple of weeks ago I did ice an eye in Wyoming on Sulfur Creek reservoir. I have tried starvation unsuccessfully to ice walleye. I have not tried ice fishing Willard bay or Utah lake for eyes. I will be going out in the morning to Echo. I too work graveyard shifts and go fishing afterwards. Hopefully, I will ice an eye or at least find a nice batch of their cousins like you did.
Gabe
[signature]