Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice Thickness?
Some buddies are thinking of trying snowmobiles this Friday on strawberry. Is the ice thick enough yet?
[signature]
The ice safety standard is 5-7" for atvs and snowmobiles. Today there was 7" of good solid black ice at Chicken Creek East. There's around four inches of snow, so it sounds great to me. Have fun and be safe.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I was there monday on my tracked quad.
I was cutting across a bay when I broke through 1” of slush.
I’m still trying to remove the seat foam from my sphincter.
[signature]
You made me laugh out loud. I have had similar experience just walking on the ice and know that sick feeling when you break through that ice layer on top of the ice.
[signature]
I went across the bay on Tuesday and didn’t have any issues. There were a few slush pockets, but we kept our speed up and made it through them.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
That's funny! I laugh only because I know how it feels.

rj
[signature]
Anyone gone over the ice to Renegade side this season?
Any large pressure ridges forming in Strawberry bay?

Thanks
I heard snowmobiles heading over that way, but I didn't look to see if they were ice fishermen or not. I didn't see any pressure ridges. I usually go to Renegade, but the ice was a little too thin for my liking. When it's only 6 inches thick, I take the road. Hope this helps!
[signature]
I will be going to renegade later today. I will travel by road and fish into the night. I will report on the ice thickness later when I get back. I too am not ready to run across the bay just yet.
[signature]
Can’t wait for the report!
[signature]