Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Tips for Tomorrow
Going to be heading out to Hyrum tomorrow. I don't get out as often as I would like. What are conditions looking like? Also, any tips on baits/lures/depth/etc.? Taking some kids and want them to have a good time.

-
[signature]
~ A bad day fishing is better than a good day in the office ~
I've done well in the last week fishing in 18-20 feet of water, with better success on overcast days. Using a tungsten jig and a piece of night crawler.
Looking at the cameras, it looks like there might be a slush monster lurking up there with all the wet snow we've had.
http://hyrumdamcam.com/
[signature]
I just came off the ice at noon. Very slushy to the point of water only on top of the ice. Maybe 3" to 4" of water. Perch are still biting, helps to have electronics. I was catching anywhere from 15' to the bottom somewhere around 36'. Drove by Mantua and did not appear to be any slush. Might be a better option for dry feet.
[signature]
Ran by this am to see how bad the slush is, about 3/4” of the top froze last night and at least that much water under in on top of the good ice where I broke through the thin stuff which wasn’t that often, pretty good crowd out today and I did see some perch hitting the deck as I checked the 2 areas
[signature]
I was there today and will post a full report later, conditions are not bad if you have good boots there is several inches of crusty partial frozen slush on top of solid 4” clear ice. I hammered them in 30 ft. of water 100+ yards off of the swim beach on a small Maniac gizzi bug 8” under a gold cast master, tipped with meal worm or perch eye. If you have electronic you will see them from the bottom up to 15 ft. If not just drop to the bottom and real up a few cranks and you will be in them, good luck.
[signature]