Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 1/2/2020
Fished the south side of cemetery point this morning with my 13 year old daughter and had a riot slaying the perch. found them in 30' of water. It took a few dozen holes to find the schools but once on them it didn't stop until around 12. Don't get to excited as the they we all in the 7" - 9" range. Hali jig in chartreuse tipped with a perch eyeball was what they wanted. Ice was 6" thick with 3-4" of snow on top. No issues getting on or off but when when we left the edges were slushy. Great morning spending time with my daughter!

Gear update- got to try out my new Strikemaster lite-flite lazer 8" auger paired with a Milwaukee M18 and needless to say i am impressed! Unbelievably fast and light to pack around. Highly recommended!
[signature]
I'd be impressed with that auger, too, if you had to sink that many holes!

Last time I drilled a two dozen by hand half killed me.

Sounds like a great day. You are a rich man to have a daughter who likes to fish with you.
[signature]
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. I love my drill motor ice drill too, what amp battery are you using on yours? Mine is only 2ah but I'm thinking about upgrading soon.
[signature]
Wiper hunter I am running a 5ah battery and like I said it was very impressive. I checked the battery level when I got back to the truck and only lost 1 bar on the built in battery meter.
[signature]
When I got my DeWalt drill, it came with two 2ah batteries, that I've been using for three years now, it's been great. Even with those lower ah batteries, I can drill between 15 to 50 holes, depending on the ice thickness, so I've been ok with that but having one more higher ah battery would be a good thing, from what you and others are saying.
[signature]