Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Bay Marina & Lodge shuttle
Just posted on FB:

"We are shuttling again! Fishermen who used our shuttle service yesterday reported fair to good fishing. Ice was 6-8” most locations closer to 8”.
If you’d like to reserve a shuttle please call 435-548-2261 or jump online at [url "http://www.strawberrybay.com/?fbclid=IwAR0041vZihbIvYax4cM5voeiEHC5VLUvLpcmlkcXGhkbq5U_FfYII-10sVA"]www.strawberrybay.com.[/url]
Weekday shuttles are $25 round trip
Weekend $40"

First, this means that they consider the ice safe for crossing by snowmobile and second I consider that a very reasonable amount for this service.
[signature]
I wonder what they would have charged to shuttle me to the restroom yesterday? [Wink]
[signature]
Probably $40. I will let you be the judge whether or not it would have been worth it.
[signature]
I agree, it is a very reasonable price for the service. Also it's nice to know that if I ever have problems with my machine or somebody just can't make the hike back to the parking lot, a ride is just a phone call away. They run a good business and and I hope they are as successful as possible.
[signature]
Sounds like a crappy deal to me [Wink].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Sounds like the City of Mantua should take notice... charge a minimal parking fee, and get a couple machines to shuttle folks on / off the ice for a few $$ . might be an honest way to make something off their resource.... turn a "crappy" deal into a "perch'y" deal. ( does Mantua ever freeze hard enough for machines)
[signature]
Am I missing something Here? What is the shuttle service that is being offered? The Strawberry website was not clear where it was listed. After drilling down through booking and snowmobiles I found it, but all it showed was a couple of photos and a booking calendar. If a service is being offered, it needs to be clear what it is and not make someone guessing.
[signature]
The service is that you tell them what time you want to go out, where, and what time you want to return. Their hours of operation are from 8 AM to 4 PM and they will take you anywhere you want to go on the Strawberry side (does not include the Soldier Creek side).
[signature]
The time window of operation 8am to 4pm is to narrow. I like being on the ice before sunrise and off at sunset. Headlamp is my friend when ice fishing.
[signature]
I also like to start early and stay late to make up for it; however, I find that the majority arrive after I do and leave long before I do. So, those hours would be fine for most folks.
[signature]
Do they have the coordinates for your favorite secret fishing spots? [Wink]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Better yet they know where the fish are biting, you should know that we fished with them last year and they gave you a ride in when I was stuck in the slush. They have new nice machines with lots of track to keep you on top. For the price I’d almost leave my machine home, but I like to be on the pond at sun up myself so the hours of service will probably keep me taking my sled down. But if I didn’t have a sled it’s a totally great deal. I sure hope they do well. Later Jeff
[signature]
[quote catchinon]

[/quote]

Nope, but if anyone wants to buy them they are available for $100 for each coordinate.[Wink] Feel free to move this to the For Sale board if this post better belongs over there.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][quote catchinon]

[/quote]

Nope, but if anyone wants to buy them they are available for $100 for each coordinate.[Wink] Feel free to move this to the For Sale board if this post better belongs over there.[/quote]

Hey, wait, some of those coordinates you got from me! Do I get a cut in the sale proceeds?
[signature]
Well, I guess we will have to negotiate after I sell one.[Wink]
[signature]
So are those shuttle fees per person or per group? Seems steep per person but would be worth using if for a group and you take scouts up.
[signature]
I will ask.
[signature]
I Just checked there booking site, it is per person, the week day rate of $25 is Monday through Thursday and seems pretty reasonable to me, in fact I think I will have to play hooky later on this month and go.
[signature]
Nice to know there is a resource should you need to be rescued because of a breakdown, but since I own my own snowmobile, I would never use the service. That's not to say others wouldn't. Well... as they say, "there goes the neighbor hood". That means some of my favorite long distance spots likely won't be as isolated anymore.
[signature]
As noted, it is $25 per person. I don't think you have to worry about being overrun. This isn't the first year that they have offered the shuttle service and I doubt that it will suddenly become really popular if it hasn't been so.
[signature]