Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ice 1/5/20
Went out on strawberry Sunday looking to get the new snow dog out and take a trip across the bay just down from hawes point where we were killing then in November. Anyway trip did not go as planned. Went down the boat ramp and started across just fine and hot some slush. Not bad made it through ok thought keep your speed up and you'll be ok. S little further past the campgrounds hit some slush and it was not ok. Brooke through a top layer of ice and it was at least able deep if not more. Holy smokes!!! Good thing is the snow dog was easy to get out and came to my senses and went back towards the campgrounds and settled in 33 ft of water. Ice was near 8 inches as reported. Fishing was pretty good. Between the wife and I will iced eleven fish. Hate to admit it but the wife out fished me 8-3. But best day I've fishing we have had in awhile. Started at around nine and stayed till one. Got a visit from the fish cops too checking licences. Still tickled with my snow dog. Just need to try a few more trips to get more comfortable with it. One last nite caught the biggest fish of the day on the jigging jaw jacker.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, glad your okay.

Slush on the berry already[:/]...hopefully this cold front coming cures that
[signature]
Good to read you like the dog. I love mine. There is a learning curve, but I think they are perfect for ice fishing. Very versatile.